Sunday, January 01, 2012

2012 New Year's Resolution


A new year. A new beginning. 

And then... it's finally 2012. I'm thanking God for giving me another chance to redeem myself - to be able to restart my life again. 2011 has been a blessing for me. In all honesty, I didn't regret any decision that I've made last year. I think those decisions would help serve as the base for whatever I decide on doing this year. I think those decisions has actually helped me mature and see my whole life in a different perspective. I've learned the importance of my family (while being away in Singapore), the importance of friends, and the importance of being independent and loving yourself first. I've learned that despite having a huge responsibility of being the eldest, it's also important that I get a say in which course my life would take. I didn't want to look back on my life again and see all the flaws of me not being able to control my life. I am a DREAMER. I have a lot of dreams (for me and for my family), and earlier last year, I realized that I am absolutely nowhere near my dreams. So in the middle of last year, I decided to take a leap of faith and finally quit the job that has been giving me constant emotional stress and depression. I figured that it should all start from ridding yourself of all the things that bothers you first. It should all start from within. So this year, I'm going for a fresh start in life. Who knows? Maybe in a few years, I'll be writing my new year's resolution in my own apartment in Paris where I will be studying world history. Haha.  

Anyway, as what I've been saying year after year, my new year wouldn't be complete without my new year's resolutions. It's actually funny that every year seems to be a re-post of my previous year's new year's resolution. But having them still keeps me in check sometimes. Hehe. Again, I'll try to accomplish as much as I can this year so I could take some resolutions off my list for 2013.

1. Be more PUNCTUAL

This year i should strive to be on time for my new work; always come 15 minutes before get togethers; and to not use my sick leaves and annual leaves, unless when necessary.

2. Save Moohlah!

aside from the things i have to buy, i should not spend money on things not included on my to-buy list; i should save money for my anticipated trip to Hong Kong this coming December; And, i should learn to be more thrifty.

Since I didn't get to travel much last year as I said I would, I'm planning on having just one trip this year and save money for next year's travel year. I decided on Hong Kong since I've been missing the place lately.

3. Renew my faith

attend mass and other holy days of obligation; pray the rosary; do not forget to thank God for all his blessings; read the bible and the purpose driven life; go to confession; and be more honest

4. Live a healthy lifestyle

no more drinking alcohol; exercise regularly; sleep before 11pm, avoid staying up late (except on weekends); no more coffee after 6pm, limit coffee intake to at least one per day; take vitamins everyday; take a shower at night regularly; do nightly rituals regularly; drink tea at night; and eat more fruits.

I'm proud to say that I've shed off a few pounds this year. Given a few more months, I think I can really get those abs back.

5. Reinvent myself

wardrobe change and update at least once a month; wear accessories and shoes; be more girly; learn how to apply make-up; foot spa!

6. Take up a new hobby

try out something new this year... maybe photography; also update my bucket list, make art crafts more often; update blogspot; do movie and drama reviews; finish writing my stories; do the outline of my scrapbook

7. Learn

learn a foreign language: korean, japanese, spanish, french, or mandarin; study world history; review my accounting notes; review my other subjects; tutor my sibs; search a topic that interests me and read about it; read one book per week

I finally have all the resources I needed to study all those languages. All I need is determination to start learning.

8. Travel More

go to a different place, somewhere i've never been before this year; if possible, be able to go outside of the country again. Last year wasn't really my travel year, although I did get to visit three new countries. This year however, I'm opting not to go anywhere (aside from my Hong Kong trip this December) and just save up for next year. But if the budget fits, why not indulge? Hahaha.

9. Accomplish something on my bucket list

it's time to get something done again from that list. i have to be able to cross something off before the list gets any longer. And before i ran out of time to do them.

10. Own a pet

i think fishes would do. I'm also considering birds or rabbits, but fishes top my lists since i'll be able to take care of not just one. I plan to buy 13 angel fishes which represents each member of Super Juniors. hehe. Same from two years ago.

11. Redecorate my room

Theme: Artsy. fashion spreads on my wall, collage of pictures, world map

Same from 2011. I plan to redecorate my room this year. Still planning to have an artsy kind of room. Instead of traditional wallpapers, i would use fashion spreads from different magazines as my wallpaper. Then i plan to have a corner for me to post pictures on the wall and a world map and map of the Philippines so that i could mark the places i've been to. 

12. Smile often

no more frowning girl. remember: you're never fully-dressed without a smile. i read this in a magazine years ago and figured i should give it a try too. Sabi kasi nila, lagi na lang ako nakasimangot. That's why they think i'm snobbish, mataray, suplada, etc. Besides, smiling often... makes you look a lot younger.

13. Learn my way around the kitchen

it's about time i start learning how to cook something edible. something other than noodles and canned goods. or something other than fried whatever; hopefully, learn how to bake too.

I've recently caught the love-for-cooking bug. Watching all those shows (MasterChef, Junior MasterChef, Cake Boss, DC Cupcakes, and Hell's Kitchen) really inspired me to learn how to cook. This year I'm trying to cook at least one dish a month. My first is my favorite pasta - Carbonara!

14. Make my business successful

do all things necessary to make 'she blings' successful; be more creative in making and selling accessories; also start selling personalized items like calendars, tumblers, shirts, etc. I guess it's time for me to make use of my business degree. In addition, I plan to sell retail stuffs such as shirts, bags, trinkets, etc., that I get to see during my travels.

15. Fall in love = Give love a second chance

Because i'm turning 28 this March, i decided that its probably time i give myself some time to really fall in love.

16. Try out something new this 2012.

I'm thinking of playing 'Paintball'; Go-Kart Racing; Bowling; Ice-skating; or eat something that i haven't eaten yet. Thinking of sushi, isaw, dinuguan, or balut. Or eating in a Japanese restaurant.


Looking back on last year's list, I did get to cross out one resolution... and that is to be more decisive. I was able to finally make a decision. Kudos to me! Hopefully this year, I'll be able to cross out a few more. Everything is actually doable. All they need is a bit of will and determination. ~('o')v

No comments:

Post a Comment