Monday, January 09, 2012

Spotlight On... Teen Top



Teen Top (틴탑) is a six-member South Korean boy band which debuted under TOP Media in 2010. The members consists of C.A.P, Chunji, L.Joe, Niel, Ricky and Changjo. They released their first single album 'Come Into the World' on July 9, 2010 with 'Clap' (박수) as their debut track. Teen Top's first debut stage was at MBC Music Core on July 10, 2010. The name of their official fan club is Angel.

Discography:


Mini Albums
[2011.07.26] Roman
[2012.01.09] It's

Single Albums
[2010.07.09] Come Into the World
[2011.01.12] Transform

Member's Profile




C.A.P

Bang Minsoo
방민수
Charisma Rapper
November 4, 1992
Leader, Main Rapper



Chunji (천지)

Lee Chanhee
이찬희
Power Voice
October 5, 1993
Lead Vocalist, Visual




L.Joe

Lee Byunghun
이병헌
Mischievous Rapper
November 23, 1993
Lead Rapper



Niel

Ahn Daniel
안다니엘
Emotional Vocals
August 16, 1994
Main Vocalist



Ricky

Yoo Changhyun
유창현
Lovely Boy
February 27, 1995
Vocalist, Lead Dancer




Changjo 

Choi Jonghyun
최종현
Dancing Boy
November 16, 1995
Main Dancer, Vocalist, Maknae

Comeback Song: "Crazy"



The boys made their comeback with the song "Crazy" (미치겠어) from their second mini album It's. The song was written and produced by Brave Brothers. In fact, all six tracks from the album were written, produced, composed and mixed by Brave Brothers.

The music video was revealed on January 5, featuring 4Minute's Sohyun. The concept for the MV is cute and romantic and I find that it actually blends in well with the upbeat tempo of the song. Although the MV focuses more on L.Joe as he runs after Sohyun, we still get to see the others display their charisma during the dance cuts and some selected solo parts.

The choreography for this song is very impressive. Everything is so synchronized which is always a good thing. That thing that they do with their pelvis is sure to make a lot of their fans go wild. I've watched their live stages and I'm amazed at how well they perform. Their energy level throughout the song never faltered which is why I am totally impressed.

I also like how I get to hear the others voices now instead of just hearing Niel do almost all the verse of the song. I like the fact that the other members were given more parts now.  

Anyway, the song is so catchy. I've been singing the chorus unconsciously all day. I Need You Baby Baby Baby... I swear this line is on repeat mode in my head. Before this, I have to admit, I was never a fan of the group. Of course, I know who they were but I don't know them that well. But after listening to this track, I realized that Teen Top is an okay group. I'm sure they'll be in the industry for many years given that they are all so talented. I'm looking forward to their next releases!

Here's the music video for Crazy: 


Video Courtesy of: Teen Top Official

No comments:

Post a Comment